Access Monterey Peninsula, Monterey, CA, USA
After 20 years of dedicated service to our mission, Paul Congo, our current Executive Director, is retiring. Access Monterey Peninsula (AMP Media) is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead our organization into our next chapter.
About the Executive Director Position
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) has overall strategic leadership and operational responsibility for the execution of the AMP vision, mission, and goals. The ED works with the Board and staff to establish and execute long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies. Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Participate with the Board of Directors in updating and fulfilling AMP’s vision and strategic plan.
- Pursue and incorporate additional revenue sources through a variety of partnership and fund development mechanisms, consistent with the mission of the organization.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board, partner organizations, and the community at-large as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of projects and initiatives.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization through clear communication and collaboration with staff.
- Negotiate and ensure fulfillment of AMP contracts.
- Maintain a close working relationship with representatives of the municipalities, school districts, and higher educational institutions served by AMP.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Understanding of video and digital media production, the media arts disciplines, creative media processes, and digital media distribution systems
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the Community Media Mission and AMP’s corporate mission
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and ethical leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to develop new revenue streams
- Proficient technical capacity in media, business and office systems
- Communication proficiency, both oral and written, including strong presentation skills
- Skills in organizational development, personnel management and strategic planning
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic Board and leadership team
- Ability to work effectively with partner organizations
- Project and performance management capability
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, financial management, and legal
- Outgoing and approachable personality
Located on the beautiful Monterey Peninsula, AMP is the community media organization for Monterey County. We help everyone – the general public, non-profit organizations and public agencies - get out their message through video and other digital media. Founded in 1998 as Access Monterey Peninsula as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt group, we operate through community support, user fees and funding from the cities of Monterey, Marina, Seaside and Pacific Grove.
We Offer the Community:
- Broadcast and webcast of video programming on five channels and an extensive video on demand archive
- Training on the skills needed to create video programs
- Equipment for public use including field cameras, studios and computer editing systems
- Professional video production available at very affordable rates
Access Monterey Peninsula enables freedom of expression and communication within our local community. AMP is the premier resource for promoting and engaging local government, the general public, and community organizations to effectively communicate.
- Cultivating freedom of speech and creative ideas
- Presenting local, community-relevant stories, forums, events and culture
- Preserving participatory democracy
- ·Using media as a tool for nonprofit, governmental and other community organizations
Access Monterey Peninsula provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you may be interested in, we encourage you to apply. Please provide your resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions. Please limit the answer to each question to no more than one page:
- Describe how community media will remain relevant over the next ten years.
- Describe your experience in organizational/community collaborations and their benefits to the involved parties. What is the recipe for a successful collaboration?
- In your view, what is the role of a non-profit Board? How should the Executive Director best work with the Board?
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Greg Baker, Executive Recruiter
Advance Consulting Inc.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM Friday, June 23, 2017.
For a complete position description in PDF format, click here.