amp is the community media organization for Monterey County. We help everyone – the general public, non-profit organizations and public agencies - get out their message through video and other digital media.
Founded in 1998 as Access Monterey Peninsula as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt group, we operate through community support, user fees and funding from the cities of Monterey, Marina, Seaside and Pacific Grove.
We offer the community:
• Broadcast and webcast of video programming on five channels
• Training on the skills needed to create video programs
• Equipment for public use including field cameras, studios and computer editing systems
• Professional video production available at very affordable rates
amp is the premier resource promoting and enabling local government, the general public, and community organizations to effectively communicate using electronic media.
- Cultivating freedom of speech and creative ideas
- Presenting local, community-relevant stories, forums, events and culture
- Preserving participatory democracy
- Using media as a tool for nonprofit, governmental and other community organizations